Odisha Diploma Entrance Test, DET Odisha 2014, governed by Department of Employment and Technical Education & Training, Government of Odisha came out with the concept of holding a common entrance test for all the Professional diploma courses of the state. The basic purpose is to select candidates for consideration of admission to the state polytechnics (both government and private) on the basis of the results of a single competitive examination, which would lead to saving of time, energy and expenditure on the part of the candidates in appearing at number of entrance tests.
The DET authority is responsible for conducting the entrance examination, generation of rank and carrying out the counseling process for admission into diploma courses with a view to produce quality technical manpower in the field of Engineering and Technology through the approved Govt./Pvt./self-financed institutions following the norms and standards as prescribed by AICTE.
Odisha DET 2014 Important Links
- Important Dates
- DET Odisha 2014 Form
- Important Information
- How to Apply?
- List of sale cum receipt counters
- Exam Centres
- Rules of Entrance Exam
- Admit Card
- Result and Rank Card
- Courses and Intake
- Sample Question Papers
- Information Brochure
- Odisha DET Counselling Information
As per decision of the state government, the web based online counseling system has been adopted for making merit based admission.
The main objectives of web based counseling system are:
- To build strong public interface to minimize travel burdens on counselees and their parents for counseling.
- Providing enough time to counselees for submission, change, delete, reordering of multiple choices from anywhere any time before final locking at nodal centres.
- Availability of required information, queries, reports at different levels.
- Centralized database and centralized monitoring.
- Secured and controlled data access at every level.
- Making the system more transparent and user friendly.