JMI Admissions 2014 General rules regarding fees and accounts
GENERAL RULES REGARDING FEES AND ACCOUNTS
(i) Fees shall be accepted by the bankers of the Jamia in cash and not by cheques. Demand Draft will be accepted by the Cash Section, Finance & Accounts Office, JMI.
(ii) All fees are payable in lump sum at the time of admission. Programme-wise Fees is shown at Para 52.
(iii) Part payment is not allowed except in those programmes, which have notified this facility in the prospectus.
(iv) After completing all admission formalities for 1st year of a Programme, if a student changes his/her programme of studies, full fee for the new programme shall be paid by the student by the prescribed date of new programme, however the deposited full fee of old programme may be refunded.
(v) In case of the cancellation of admission within a month, all charges except admission fee will be refunded. However, in case of self-financing programmes, 80% of the fees will be refunded. In other cases, the fees except caution money shall not be refunded/adjusted/carried over in any circumstances. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. (No Fee refund is permissible in B. Lib. & Information Science (BLIS) programme.)
(vi) If a student does not claim the refund of his/her credit balance within one year of leaving the Jamia, the amount standing to his/her credit shall be credited to the Central Scholarship Fund.
(vii) The Caution Money will be refunded only after examination results are announced. If it remains unclaimed for more than one year from the date of announcement of the result, it shall not be refunded and shall be credited to the Central Scholarship Fund.
(viii) Students admitted to the Part-time/Evening Programmes of Advanced Diploma, Diploma and Certificate in addition to full-time programme of the Jamia shall be charged the following fees:
a) Tuition Fee
b) Admission Fee
c) Sessional/Syllabus Fee d) Examination Fee
e) Subject Association Fee f) Caution Money
(ix) Regarding Completion of Re-admission Formalities: All students of undergraduate/ postgraduate programmes, other than newly admitted students of Ist year/previous year/Ist semester must complete the re-admission formalities within 15 days of the commencement of the academic session. Provided that in case of a student other than Ist year/previous year/Ist semester fails to complete the re-admission formalities within 15 days of commencement of admission, he/she may do so by depositing a late fee of Rs. 1000/- during next
15 days, failing which no re-admission shall be granted in the given academic year.
Provided further that a student whose admission is cancelled due to non-completion of admission formalities as prescribed above, he/she may get re- admission in the next academic session within the specified period.
(x) In case of Re-evaluation/Compartment Examination:
(a) Within 15 days from the date of the commencement of academic session/classes of the programme concerned or the date notified by the Faculty/ Department/Centre concerned.
(xi) Fee for activities like educational tour/camps etc. is left to the Department to decide considering the number of students and the expenses to be incurred on tours/camps. No subsidy of any kind would be available for this activity from Jamia except where educational tour is a part of syllabus and its marks are counted for determining the division.
(xii) Dependants of staff members of Jamia shall not be required to pay caution money, if a staff member gives guarantee in writing to the effect that the caution money, whenever required to be paid may be deducted from his/her salary.
(xiii) The employees of Jamia and their sons/daughters/ spouse are exempted from the payment of tuition fee and medical fee except in self-financed programmes and in the programmes with differential fee.
(xiv) The fee given in the prospectus is only for the current academic year and enhancement of fee will be applicable to all the concerned classes of different years of the programme concerned.
(xv) The fee from the old students who are admitted in such programmes, which do not exist presently, shall be governed by the Rules/Regulations which were applicable at the time of admission to such discontinued programmes.
(xvi) If the last date for payment of fees falls on holiday, the fees may be paid on the next working day without fine.
(xvii) Fee deposited through prescribed fee slip within due date (given on fee-slip) shall be accepted for the purpose of admission. No correspondence shall be entertained for refund/adjustment etc., if payment was not made on proper fee slip issued by the authorised office and/or without due date.
NOTE: All fees and charges, wherever given in the Prospectus, are subject to revision even during the academic session 2013-2014.
RULES FOR FEES & ACCOUNTS (Foreign Students and NRIs)
1. All fees are payable in lump sum at the time of admission on or before notified dates.
2. Part payment is not allowed.
3. Dollars in the form of currency note/ cheque are not acceptable.
4. Security Deposit shall be deposited in cash with the Cashier in the Accounts Office.
5. Fee may be deposited in cash equivalent to US $ at the Indian Bank, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. It can also be deposited in Jamia’s Accounts Section as demand draft made out by Indian Bank, Jamia Millia Islamia.
6. In case of cancellation of admission under Supernumerary/ Self Financing category is to be made within a month, 80% of the fees will be refunded in Indian Rupees within one year from the date of cancellation. In other cases, the fees except Security Deposit shall not be refunded/adjusted/carried over in any circumstances. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
7. (a) In case of failure to pay fee other than Ph. D. Scholars, (except in 1st year) within one month from the date of announcement of result or by the prescribed date, whichever is later, an additional amount of Rs.1000/- will be charged upto 10 days. After this, the name of the student will be struck off from the rolls and he/ she will be re-admitted on payment of an additional Rs.2000/- within two months from the date of announcement of result or by the prescribed date, whichever is later.
(b) In case, Ph. D. Scholars fail to pay the annual fee within 15 days of the due date an additional amount of Rs. 1000/- per month will be charged.
8. Fees given in the prospectus are only for one academic year.
9. All fees and charges are subject to revision.
10. Calculation of the arrears of fee will be governed by the rules given in the prospectus of that year for which the fee is being charged.
11. If a student does not claim the refund of his/ her credit balance within one year of leaving the Jamia, the amount standing to his/ her credit shall be considered to have been donated to the Central Scholarship Fund.
12. Fee notified in the Prospectus at the time of admission shall remain for the duration of the entire programme in which admission is granted.