ONLINE COUNSELLING PROCEDURE FOR B.TECH & B. ARCH COURSES
PTU will hold joint online counselling for admission to 1ST year B.Tech. & B.Arch of colleges affiliated to PTU Jalandhar, GNDU Amritsar, PAU Ludhiana and Punjabi University, Patiala based on JEE Main -2013 results, as applicable.
1 Counselling Fee : Counselling Fee 1st year B.Tech/B.Arch: To Participate in online counseling, every candidate belonging to 85% quota and 15% quota, irrespective of his/her category, shall have to deposit a counseling fee of Rs.2000/- (Non-Refundable) by following ways :
- Log into www.ptuaccounts.ac.in
- Fill the respective information.
- Select from any designated Banks as listed in the website where the candidate intends to deposit his/her counseling fees through cash.
- Take a printout of the E-Deposit Slip
- Deposit cash in the respective Bank.
Note : No manual cash deposit slip shall be entertained in any of the following banks. Only those candidates will be able to participate, who have deposited the counseling fees on time.
2. Guidelines for filling Online Registration Form
a. Student shall log on to www.ptuadmissions.nic.in
b. Please ensure that before registering on the website, you have deposited counseling fee i.e Rs. 2000/- (Non-Refundable) in designated bank as given in the website www.ptuaccounts.ac.in, failing which you will not be allowed to register yourself for Counseling.
c. Click on to New registration (Register Here).
d. Select B.Tech or B.Arch from the dropdown list.
e. For registering in B.Tech course, Enter your JEE Main roll no, followed by JEE Main rank (All India rank), then enter your name (as given in JEE Main Examination), then enter your correct date of Birth (as given in JEE Main Examination), then enter the green number as shown in Parallel.
f. For registering in B.Arch course, Enter your roll no given at the time of Fee deposit, then enter your name & Father’s name (as given at the time of Fee deposit), then enter your correct date of Birth (as given at the time of Fee deposit), then enter the green number as shown in Parallel.
g. Before you proceed to register yourself for counseling you must ensure that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria of PTU, Punjabi University, GNDU and PAU for each Reserve category and General category.
h. Select your state of eligibility carefully as you will only be allowed to participate either in Punjab (85% Quota) or other state (15% Quota).
i. Select your Main category, Sub category and Priority in case of Sports and Defence category from the Drop box. In case you want to apply for Sports category at Punjabi University, Patiala and PAU, Ludhiana you must appear for physical test at the concerned Universities, students should see the details from Brochure as well as from the concerned Universities website. GNDU Amritsar will only accept students having Grade A, B & C. Sports persons having Grade D will not be eligible for GNDU Amritsar Seats. Moreover in Grade A, B & C, GNDU Amritsar will not consider the priority (i.e. Gold , Silver, Bronze etc.) and will allocate the seats on JEE Main All India Rank only (for B.Tech) and on PTU Rank (for B.Arch). Punjabi University, Patiala will prepare a separate merit list of the sportspersons, who pass their physical test and allocate seats irrespective of Grade A, B, C & D.
j. Please note that in case of PTU, students can avail benefit of Rural Area in addition to his / her reserved category (i.e. SC, BC, Sports etc). But if student wish to keep Rural Area as his main category for PTU,GNDU and Punjabi university then he should select main category as General and under Rural/ Urban status select “Eligibile for rural area status in Punjab State and tick () Rural seats in Punjabi University and GNDU”.
k. For availing Sikh Minority benefit from Punjab State as well as other states, the student will have to appear in Sikh Minority test conducted by SGPC. The details are available in the Brochure as well as in the website www.bbsbec.ac.in / www.sre.bbsbec.ac.in.
l. Student should fill their aggregate percentage of marks correctly.
m. Please note that Your JEE Main Roll no. (for B.Tech) and Roll No allotted at the time of Fee deposit for B.Arch is your login ID. Enter and reenter password carefully. Then you will have to choose secret question and its answer, in case you want to change Password later on. (Please remember your password and answer to Secret question as PTU will not be responsible for any misuse/loss of password).
n. Enter your contact number (Landline and Mobile), Address and Email ID. You will be notified about result and other important messages through SMS also.
o. Before final submission of online Registration form, Read the declaration given in the website carefully and give you consent to it, failing which you will not be able to complete your registration. Also please note that once you complete your registration, you will not be able to change any details in your registration form thereafter. So you must check your information details carefully before final submission of your registration form.
3 CHOICE FILLING
(a) After successful registration and login, candidate’s homepage is opened and following options are displayed:
Registration Details: Registration Detail is important for seat allotment and should be filled very carefully.
Edit Registration: Candidate can correct any mistake in the Registration Details through “Edit Registration” option, provided he/she has not freezed the registration form.
Available Choices: System will provide the List of Colleges and branches thereof.
Fill Choices: candidate can fill the College or branches of choice in order of preferences. It is in the interest of the candidate to fill maximum available choices of colleges and branches. Candidate can also alter/rearrange/delete the filled choices.
Display filled choices: Choices entered by the Candidate will be displayed on different form so that he/she can check the already entered information.
Print Choices: Candidate can also print the list of choices filled by him/her for record.
(b) Allotment of seat: After the choice filling period is over, all filled choices of all registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per merit (Rank), category of the candidate and Seat Allotment Rules approved by participating Universities.
4. Result Declaration: On the date of result declaration, candidate who gets a seat will be informed by SMS. Alternatively candidate can logon to his/her account and check for allotment of seat. Successful Candidate can take printout of provisional allotment letter of college / Branch by logging into his/her account from the website http://www.ptuadmissions.nic.in. The allotment of seat is purely provisional and subject to verification of original certificates and payment of college fee etc, at the time of reporting in the allotted institute.
5. Candidates are required to report to their respective allotted institutions within the specified period (as per the counseling schedule) along with the documents/ testimonials/certificates and pay college fee as prescribed in the prospectus. If candidates do not report within the specified period, their allotted seats shall be cancelled and the candidates shall not have any claim on the seats, whatsoever. It is in the interest of the candidates to report at the earliest to the allotted college.
6. The Candidates falling under 85% Punjab quota and 15% Other States quota, irrespective of whether they have been allotted a seat or not allotted seat or could not join the allotted institution or could not participate in the earlier round can participate in the second phase of counseling.
7. For subsequent round of Counselling only options shall be taken from the candidates who have already deposited the counseling fee.
8. The Detailed Instructions about the online counseling shall be available on the website www.ptuadmissions.nic.in and www.ptu.ac.in. The Candidates are advised to go through the details thoroughly at these sites before registration.
9. The candidates are advised not to submit original certificates at the college at the time of admission. The counselling procedure for Fee Waiver seats under B.Tech shall be available at website www.ptu.ac.in.