New IIT JEE Pattern from 2013
Click Here for Complete Information about JEE Main 2013
Click Here for Complete Information about JEE Advanced 2013
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) has accepted the percentile based formula for conducting the JEE in 2013.
The IIT-JEE aspirants will be required to appear in a screening test first. Those who will qualify will be given an opportunity to sit in the Advanced JEE.
New Patterns Highlights!
- Two Exams – JEE Mains followed by JEE Advance
- Time gap between these two exams will be two to three weeks.
- JEE Main which is equivalent to AIEEE and will be conduced by CBSE, JAB and JIC will also support in this.
- JEE Advance which is equivalent to IIT JEE will be conducted by IITs (JAB and JIC); with the same composition as at present
- Only top 1,50,000 students including all categories from JEE Main will be able to appear in JEE Advance
- Students who come in top 20 percentile in their board can only give the exams.
Admissions to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED
Admission in other deemed universities who take admission on the basis of AIEEE will be based on JEE Main exam. Min %age criteria will be fixed for these too.
Final Decision is pending. Still few IIT Faculties are questioning the requirement of changing to new pattern.
This section suggested that the JEE exam pattern should remain same with 2 changed.
1. Eligibility for appearing in IIT JEE exam to be changed from current 60% marks to percentile rank. JAB has to release the cut-off rank after declaration of boards result.
2. Counselling and allotment should be held jointly with NITs and IIITs
Click here to read Detailed Explanation and Updated Information on New IIT + AIEEE pattern
Previous Decision Highlights
- Exam in two parts, JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED.
- 40% weightage for performance in Class XII Board marks
- 30% weightage for performance in JEE-MAIN – Multipal Choice Optional Paper
- 30% weightage in JEE-ADVANCED
- Effective from the year 2013
JEE Advanced 2013 Syllabus
Also it was suggest that the new pattern should be implemented from 2014.
Incoming search terms:
- up board me 74% marks jeemain ke exam me kitne marks chahiye
- pattern of iit mains
- rules of iit jee 2013
- New pattern of iits
- new pattern of iit
- new iit rules
- information about iit jee 2013
- iit-jee 2013 pattern
- iit jee pattern 2013
- IIT JEE 2013 Pattern