From academic year 2013-14, University has made available the facility of ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’ to the aspiring students. Applicants seeking admission to the courses offered by University affiliated colleges and institutes may use this facility.
The objective of ‘‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’‘ is to
Help applicants (and their parents) by providing thorough information about courses and colleges which offer it
Assist in applying for any course in any college of this university without any hassles
The motivation behind the ‘‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’‘ is to provide an online mechanism through which applicants can directly apply online to various courses and colleges affiliated to university. This is also about enabling applicants from distant/remote locations to apply to colleges of their choice.
Please read all links given under ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’ tab so as to understand the process
Who Can Apply?
If you are aspiring for admission to FIRST YEAR / FIRST SEMESTER of any undergraduate course in any college of this Univeristy then one should apply for Pre-Admission Online Registration.
Exceptions are the courses for which admissions are administered by Govternment through centralized admission process. (BE, BTech, BArch, BEd, BPharm, MBA etc.). For such courses student will need to apply separately through the centralized admission procedure.
What all you need to Apply
Before you register and start filling the online application form, please ensure you have in hand
Statement of marks of Std. 10th, 12th, and any other qualification based on which you are seeking admission.
Scanned images of your recent (within last 6 months) passport size coloured photograph (35 mm X 45mm) with minimum 72 to maximum 150 DPI resolution.
You will also need Micorsoft Silverlight to be installed on your PC. Click here to download it. Click here to download data collection sheet.
Pre-Admission Online Registration
Academic year in Mumbai University starts in June.
For regular under-graduate and post-graduate courses, the admissions are offered at affiliated colleges, recognized institutes, and university departments.
Applicants aspiring admissions need to apply in respective college, institute, or department. From academic year 2013-14 application for admission has been made available online by the University. Applicants may use this facility to the fullest for their benefit. The output of the ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration will be a printout of application form to be submitted in colleges.
Applicants from states other than Maharashtra, and foreign nationals may also use this facility. However, foreign nationals may have to undergo additional mandatory procedures by contacting the University.
Please refer following process flow to understand the Application Flow.
Instructions for Filling up the Online Application Form Last Updated On May 24 2013 3:45PM
[ Printable Version ]
Carefully read these Instructions before you begin
1. Read all the information carefully given in all links before you click ‘Apply Online’
2. Do NOT create fake logins, since registration requires unique Mobile Number.
3. If you do not have a mobile number, you can give mobile number of your nearest relatives (with their permission). One mobile number can be registered only once.
4. You will be sent Login ID and Password on mobile by SMS.
5. In case, if you are unable to apply online yourself, please visit the nearest college for assistance.
6. The online application form is personalized for you and hence will assist you in filling your relevant information only.
7. The application must be made within the specified dates stipulated by University. The link to ‘Apply’ inside your login will be disabled if dates are over.
8. Once you fill the application form successfully and apply, you will have to submit the printout of application form along with necessary documents to every course-college separately for which you have applied. Your application will not be considered valid in any case, unless printout is submitted to college. You must ensure that college inwards your application form after submission of printout.
9. You may have to purchase the information brochure of the college at the time of submission of printout.
10. Making online application does not mean that you have secured admission in any of the course-college.
11. You will have to contact and check with college for your admission, and follow the college rules and regulations such as merit list, last date of admission, fees, documents, your eligibility for the course/program etc.
12 By Clicking on ‘Apply Online’ link, you agree that you have read all the instructions carefully and understood them.