4. When PbO2 is converted into PB (NO3)2 the Pb atom
(A) Loses two protons
(B) Loses two electrons
(C) Gains two protons
(D) Gains two electrons
(E) Does not lose or gain electrons.
5. A sample of gas occupies 100ml at 27o C and 740 mm pressure. The temperature the gas will have, when its volume is changed to 80 ml at 740 mm pressure, is.
(A) 21.6 o C
(B) 240 o C
(C) -33 o C
(D) 89.5 o C
(E) 26.1 o C
6. When benzene is burned in oxygen
(A) a non-luminous, non-sooty flame is observed
(B) a luminous, sooty flames is observed
(C) a luminous, non-sooty flame is observed
(D) a non-luminous, sooty flame is observed
(E) a blue flame is observed.
7. The element which liberates oxygen from water is
(E) None of the above
8. When a solution of silver nitrate is added to pure carbon tetrachloride,
(A) a curdy white precipitate soluble in ammonia is obtained
(B) a curdy white precipitate insoluble in ammonia is obtained
(C) chlorine is liberated
(D) a pale yellow precipitate is obtained
(E) no precipitate is formed
9. Carbon tetrachloride is used as
(B) Fire extinguisher
(D) Pain Killer
(E) A fuel for heating
10. Lunar Caustic is
(E) Pb (NO3)2
11. Prop roots are found in
(A) mango trees
(B) tamarind trees
(C) peepul trees
(D) neem trees
(E) banyan trees
12. The number of thoracic vertebrae in man is
13. The first modern theory of evolution was explained by
(A) Charles Darwin
25. The frequency of transverse vibrations of a stretched string is
(A) directly proportional to its length
(B) directly proportional to its linear density
(C) inversely proportional to the stretching force
(D) directly proportional to the square root of linear density
(E) none of the above is correct.
26. The moment of a force acting on a body about a point is proportional to
(A) the velocity of the body
(B) the perpendicular distance of the point from the line of action of the force
(C) the time of action of the force on the body
(D) the mass of the body
(E) the perpendicular distance of the centre of gravity from the line of action of force
27. When light enters the eye, the maximum amount of refraction take place at
28. A vessel containing water is in equilibrium on a beam balance. When a man puts his finger into the water without touching the bottom or the sides of the vessel, the scale pan on which the vessel stands.
(A) will sink
(B) will rise
(C) will neither rise nor sink
(D) will first rise and then sink
(E) will first sink and then rise
29. Given three equal resistors how many different combinations of these three resistances can be made?
Different types of questions are asked in this section. Most of these are questions, which relate to your ability to reason and learn from examples. Some may relate to language usage or current events. It is important to work through this section rapidly.
30. What should come next?
0 2 4 6 ?
(A) 8 (B) 10 (C) 12 (D) 20 (E) 24
34. Find the correct answer to
0.001 x 4.0 = ?
(A) 4.00 (B) 0.40 (C) 0.04
(D) 0.004 (E) 0.0004
35. In a certain code „VELLORE‟ is written as ABHHCKB. How will you write REEL using the same code?
36. If the radius of a circle is 7cm, its circumference is:
(A) 36 cm
(B) 44 cm
(C) 88 cm
(D) 140 sq cm
(E) 192 sq cm
37 If the pair for GOOD is BAD, what would the pair for SMALL be?