Alliance University B. Com. (Hons.) Admission 2014
Admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) course at the Department of Commerce, Alliance School of Business is strictly based on merit.
Candidates are required to have passed the 10+2 level examination in any stream from a recognized State/National Board or equivalent examination.
Candidates are required to appear for the Admission Selection Process comprised of:
Alliance Aptitude Test (AAT)
The Department of Commerce also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular record for admission. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Admission Selection Process.
Note : The classes for the courses offered by the Department of Commerce are held at the City Campus of the University; however, students can use all the facilities available at the Central Campus.
|Key dates for provisional admissions||B. Com. (Hons.)(2014 – 17)|
|Last date for submission of filled in Application Form||January 31, 2014|
|Admission selection process at the Department of Commerce, Alliance School of Business||April / May 2014|
|Commencement of the B. Com. (Hons.) course at the Department of Commerce, Alliance School of Business||July 2014|
- Applicants are encouraged to Apply Online
- Download Application Form
- The Application Form and Prospectus for the Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) can be obtained from the Office of Admissions on payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rs.2,000/- for NRI and SAARC national applicants and US$50 for other foreign national applicants) in cash or through demand draft drawn in favour of “ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY” payable at Bangalore.
- Applicants are requested to submit their filled in Application Form along with attested copies of the below mentioned documents:
a. Standard X mark sheet/transcript
b. Standard XII mark sheet/transcript
Please send your filled in Application Form to:
Chief Admissions Officer
Department of Commerce, Alliance School of Business
19th Cross, 7th Main
BTM 2nd Stage, N. S. Palya
Bangalore – 560076
Tel.: +91 80 26786024 / 26789749
Cell.: +91 9008316363
|Towards||Indian Nationals (INR)||NRI &SAARC Nationals (INR)||OtherForeign Nationals (USD)||Due date for payment|
|Towards acceptance of the provisional admission offer (Non-refundable)||`25,000/-||`35,000/-||$700||To be paid uponacceptance of the provisional admission offer|
|First Year||`35,000/-||`45,000/-||$805||Within 20 days of the date of issue of the provisional admission offer letter|
|Second Year||`70,000/-||`80,000/-||$1,610||May 15, 2015|
|Third Year||`70,000/-||`80,000/-||$1,610||May 16, 2016|
|Total amount payable||`2,00,000/-||`2,40,000/-||$4,725|
1. Demand draft should be made in favour of “Alliance University” payable at Bangalore.
2. Candidates who want to remit the fees in foreign currency can do so by remitting the foreign currency equivalent to INR based on the exchange rate then prevailing.
3. NRI fee is applicable for the full duration of the course for candidates who have pursued and completed their last qualifying exam from outside India and for candidates who have applied under NRI Category.
SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2014
Scholarships are available to support full-time study at Alliance University for resident Indian nationals only. Each year Alliance University awards several scholarships in the form of fee remission to outstanding candidates. These scholarships of positive inclusive effort vary in value and have different criteria on which they are awarded.
The following scholarships are available to eligible students enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) course at the Department of Commerce, Alliance School of Business:
|Sl. No.||Category||Eligibility||Scholarship Percentage||Tuition Fee||Scholarship Amount||Net Tution Fee Payable|
|(First Year)||(First Year)||(First Year)|
|1||Merit Based||A consistent scholastic record-minimum 95% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage||20%||Rs.60,000||Rs.12,000||Rs.48,000|
|2||Sports Quota||a. National level player (Sports/Games)||20%||Rs.60,000||Rs.12,000||Rs.48,000|
|b. A consistent scholastic record-minimum 60% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage|
|3||Differently Abled||a. Certified as differently abled||30%||Rs.60,000||Rs.18,000||Rs.42,000|
|b. A consistent scholastic record – minimum 60% marks in X, XII and Graduation – with no repetitions at any stage|
|4||SC/ST||a. From SC/ST community with family income of less than Rupees Four lakhs per annum||25%||Rs.60,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.45,000|
|b. A consistent scholastic record – minimum 70% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage|
|5||Domicile||a. A domicile of the State of Karnataka||5%||Rs.60,000||Rs.3,000||Rs.57,000|
|b. A consistent scholastic record – minimum 75% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage|
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship awarded will be adjusted towards the fee payable for the respective course
- Scholarship will be continued to subsequent years, subject to the student maintaining academic record of a CGPA above 2.5 in the course
- Student should not have indulged in any activity which attracts disciplinary action
- Performance only in qualifying entry level examination held in the previous academic year before admission will be considered
- An applicant is allowed to apply for scholarship only under one category/discipline
- In case of sports quota, the candidate should have participated and won in the National or International level sports/games conducted by the competent authority approved by the government (state/central). Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory contribution to the sporting activities of the University
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final and binding
Domicile: The student should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognized educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the candidate is seeking admissions to and must have appeared and passed either SSLC/10th standard or 2nd PUC/12th standard examination from Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
National Level player: The student must have represented his/her state in any competition held between the previous two calendar years at national level, in Individual Event/Team Event/s approved by Ministry of Sports/Sports Federations. The student must have also obtained a certificate from Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports/National Federation/Board of concerned game/s.
Differently Abled: As per the provisions of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995, seven categories of disabilities have been identified viz., blindness, low vision, leprosy cured, hearing impairment, loco motor disability, mental retardation and mental illness. A student with 40% disability of the said categories will be considered for scholarship.
Eligible students of the B. Com. (Hons.) course may submit the Application Form for Scholarship in the prescribed format with original testimonials/documents/transcripts/marks cards etc.